"Maryland Speech-Language-Hearing Association" is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, we assure you that it will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement.
"Maryland Speech-Language-Hearing Association" may occasionally change this policy by updating this page. You should check back to ensure you are in agreement with any changes. This policy went into effect on April 15, 2009.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information, including email address
- credit card information, for dues and convention registrations (handled securely and encrypted)
- demographic information, such as postal code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about events, news, or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided. (You may opt-out of email at anytime by clicking the Safe Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, we will not use this information for marketing purposes but solely to contact you regarding membership or association information
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the following address:
Maryland Speech-Language-Hearing Association
P.O. Box 31
Manchester, MD 21102 USA
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
There is currently no content classified with this term.